Updated June 11, 2021
In accordance with the emergency order issued by the Province of Ontario, the following KYC protocols are now in place.
IMPORTANT: All posted COVID-19 protocols are subject to change, so please check the website before you head down to the club and observe all posted procedures while on the property.
COVID-19 Screening and Contact Tracing
Prior to accessing the property, you must:
- Self assess for COVID-19 symptoms using the Ontario tool:
- Complete the KYC COVID-19 Contact Tracing Form or immediately sign in at the binder when you arrive:
- Open only for washrooms, first aid, or pickup of take out food (please call ahead to order)
- Masks required indoors. Please put on your mask BEFORE entering indoor spaces.
Dining (Take-out only)
When picking up your order, please follow the protocol,
- Arrive no more than 10 minutes before your pick up time, wear a mask and maintain a distance of 2 metres if required to wait.
- Masks are required indoors at all times.
- All orders will be picked up at the bar.
- Please enter by the west facing doors (beach side), pick up your order at the bar, and & exit by the south facing doors (breakwall side).
Boat Yard and Breakwall
- communal spaces (picnic tables, benches, beach, etc) are
- Limited to 4 people, if anyone in the group is eating or drinking
- Limited to 10 people, if no one is eating or drinking
- Masks MUST be worn outdoors if unable to maintain 2 metre distance from others.
- recreational boats are allowed to be launched and sailing is permitteted with members of the same household
- Boat owners are responsible to ensure that everyone on board their boat at any time is from the same household. (In addition to direct household members, caregivers or an individual who lives alone can join one household group.)
- Masks MUST be worn outdoors if unable to maintain 2 metre distance from others
Community Keelboat Sailing
- Community Keelboat Skippers are responsible to ensure that everyone on board a KYC Community Keelboat at any time is from the same household. (In addition to direct household members, caregivers or an individual who lives alone can join one household group.) See further details regarding procedures on the Community Keelboat Booking page.
- No racing is permitted at this time.
- Due to KFLA COVID-19 protocols, the 2020 racing program was modified to comply with restrictions. A 2021 racing program has been planned and will be adjusted as required to adhere to KFLA safety recommendations, when racing is permitted.
Learn to sail