Updated September 22, 2021
In accordance with the emergency order issued by the Province of Ontario, the following KYC protocols are now in place.
IMPORTANT: All posted COVID-19 protocols are subject to change, so please check the website before you head down to the club and observe all posted procedures while on the property.
COVID-19 Screening and Contact Tracing
New Please use the KYC COVID-19 Screening and Contact Tracing Form when you use the clubhouse to dine indoors or come for a meeting. This must be completed on your phone as you enter the building, and the on-screen green check mark must be presented to staff. Alternatively, you can enter your contact information in the binder at the bar.
Masks are required indoors. Please put on your mask BEFORE entering indoor spaces.
New COVID PASSPORT Mandate
- Members and guests dining indoors or coming for meetings are required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated
- Fully vaccinated is defined as double-vaccinated with at least two weeks since the second vaccination.
- Sep 22 -Oct 22: please bring a digital copy or printout of your second vaccination receipt with a piece of photo ID. You can retrieve your vaccine receipts from the Govt of Ontario website https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/
- Please check in using the main entrance on the west side of the building.
Indoor and outdoor capacity is limited, so reservations are recommended.
- When indoors for drinking or dining, tables must be at least 2m apart.
- Walking around, visiting other tables is not permitted.
- New COVID passport required
- To ensure appropriate distancing, do not move tables or chairs from where they are set out.
- Please come to the Bar to order. Staff will deliver your food and beverages to your table.
- When picking up your order, please follow the protocol,
- Arrive no more than 10 minutes before your pick up time, wear a mask and maintain a distance of 2 metres if required to wait
- Masks are required indoors at all times.
- All orders will be picked up at the bar.
Boat Yard, Breakwall and Harbour
- communal spaces (picnic tables, benches, beach, etc) are limited to 100 people
Community Keelboat Sailing
- Community Keelboats can go out with crews that are outside of their household. See further details regarding procedures on the Community Keelboat Booking page.
- The 2021 racing program has been developed to adhere to KFLA safety recommendations. Racing started Tuesday, July 6, 2021. See further details regarding procedures on the Keelboat Racing page.
- Racing is now permitted (as long as there is no likelihood of sustained physical contact between participants – meaning that you are allowed to sail in boats with others as long as you ensure there is no sustained and engaged physical contact). While doing outdoor sports, masks are not needed. Following best practices of maintaining distance and wearing masks at other times (such as in preparation and post sport activity) is encouraged. All sailors on the same boat are no longer required to be from the same household. The capacity limit for all activities that are part of your ongoing operations (as opposed to events) are based on how many people your space can accommodate while maintaining the 2m physical distancing requirements.