Updated July 19, 2021
In accordance with the emergency order issued by the Province of Ontario, the following KYC protocols are now in place.
IMPORTANT: All posted COVID-19 protocols are subject to change, so please check the website before you head down to the club and observe all posted procedures while on the property.
COVID-19 Screening and Contact Tracing
Prior to accessing the property, please self assess. You are encouraged to use the following screening tools
Transient boaters are expected to complete the KYC COVID-19 Contact Tracing Form upon arrival:
Masks are required indoors. Please put on your mask BEFORE entering indoor spaces.
Open to order drinks and food, as well as washrooms, first aid, or pickup of take out food.
While we increase staffing, space is limited, so reservations are recommende
- When indoors for drinking or dining, tables must be at least 2m apart.
- Walking around, visiting other tables is not permitted.
- To ensure appropriate distancing, do not move tables or chairs from where they are set out.
- Please come to the Bar to order. Staff will deliver your food and beverages to your table.
- When picking up your order, please follow the protocol,
- Arrive no more than 10 minutes before your pick up time, wear a mask and maintain a distance of 2 metres if required to wait
- Masks are required indoors at all times.
- All orders will be picked up at the bar.
Boat Yard, Breakwall and Harbour
- communal spaces (picnic tables, benches, beach, etc) are limited to 100 people
Community Keelboat Sailing
- Community Keelboats can go out with crews that are outside of their household. See further details regarding procedures on the Community Keelboat Booking page.
- The 2021 racing program has been developed to adhere to KFLA safety recommendations. Racing started Tuesday, July 6, 2021. See further details regarding procedures on the Keelboat Racing page.
- Racing is now permitted (as long as there is no likelihood of sustained physical contact between participants – meaning that you are allowed to sail in boats with others as long as you ensure there is no sustained and engaged physical contact). While doing outdoor sports, masks are not needed. Following best practices of maintaining distance and wearing masks at other times (such as in preparation and post sport activity) is encouraged. All sailors on the same boat are no longer required to be from the same household. The capacity limit for all activities that are part of your ongoing operations (as opposed to events) are based on how many people your space can accommodate while maintaining the 2m physical distancing requirements.
Learn to sail