Come and make Kingston Yacht Club your cottage in the city! Whether you have your own boat, or not, you’ll find friends and fun here - any time of the year. Our membership is a mix of new sailors, experienced racers, long distance cruisers, young families, single individuals and empty nesters. The Club is full of people from all walks of life who enjoy boating, enjoy being on and near the water, and who love having a ‘cottage in the city’.
On the Water
- Great swimming off the T-dock
- Paddle boards and kayaks available to explore Kingston’s waterfront
- Keelboat racing program for weeknight club races, weekend long-distance races, and regattas. A crew bank connects sailors and skippers.
- Our cruising fleet organizes short and long cruising adventures around the Thousand Islands, Lake Ontario or down the St Lawrence River
- Get away from it all, by boat or by car, at Jemmett’s Landing - the Club’s waterfront property on the east end of Wolfe Island
- Radio-controlled sailboat enthusiasts race weekly
- Adult sailing lessons offered in keelboats
- Active Women-In-Wind program, for women who want to continue to improve their keelboat and dinghy sailing skills, learn new nautical techniques, swap sailing stories, and just have fun with a group of like-minded individuals
- Able Sail program for accessible sailing
- Community Club program: a KYC-owned fleet of keelboats available to qualified members
On the Land
- Fine dining at Kingston’s best waterfront restaurant and outdoor patio
- Year-round social events for everyone
- Fall and winter Speaker Series
- Fabulous sunrises over Royal Military College and Fort Henry and superb sunsets over Amherst Island
- Chaises longues on the beach
- Picnic tables on the breakwater
- Convenient KYC account (chit) is used for all fees incurred at KYC including membership fees, mooring fees, food & beverage service purchases, etc. Chits are settled monthly.
- Boat sheds
Need more information about membership at KYC?
Please complete the form below to help us get to know you or contact Jacqueline Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org to answer your questions about at KYC.