Knotmeter - October 21, 2016
Knotmeter - October 21, 2016
Ok, some of you got us last week....it was a sunrise not a sunset. So to set the records straight, this is a true KYC Sunset.
Please remember Haulout will take place this year during the weekend of October 29th and 30th. The Cradles will be arriving on October 20th and will be unloaded on October 24th.
We are asking for all members who have their boats on the Hard (either in the inner harbour area or on the outer breakwall) to please remove them at your earliest convenience this weekend
We are hoping to have both areas clear by the 24th. If you are not able to have your dingy, kayak, canoe etc taken away by this time please contact the main office at 613-548-3052 or email@example.com as so we can make alternate arrangements.
| Oct 29-30: Haulout Volunteers Needed!
Rear Commodore Peter Cohrs is asking for the "usual gang” and more.. We need some new, younger blood (please) to come out of the woodwork and lend their brains and braun for haulout 2016.
What’s in it for you?
Free volunteer breakfast: eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, toast
- to learn how a well oiled volunteer machine works.
- it’s fun actually, as the banter is really quite amusing!
- free lunch (Neil's chili with fresh baked cornbread etc etci) and post haul beer.
The weather (so far) is looking good for Saturday, less so for Sunday
We need a Saturday crew of 9 for masts (4 boat rats, 4 on shore to manhandle the sticks and 1 guy for signals (me).
I’d like a crew of 12- 15 for haulout.
On Haul out Sunday, 9 regular crew (4 slingers, 2 liners, 2 sling movers, and signals and a few onshore “meatballs" to push boats into places.
The “extras" are there to a) substitute for lunchers and foul weather, and b) learn the ropes for years to come
Please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
| Nov 5: Sailing Night Banquet
As the Official Race Season has drawn to an end we would like to thank everyone for another successful sailing season! Please remember to sign up for our Annual Sailing Night Banquet by emailing email@example.com. The Banquet will be held on Saturday, November 5th, 2016.
| Kingston Power and Sail Squadron Upcoming events
For more information and registration of upcoming KPSS events please visit www.kingstonboatingandsailing.caKPSS Events Coming up @ KYC
| Weekend Features
- 10 oz local striploin with red wine peppercorn jus, celertiac colour carrots - $24
- Special: Ham and swiss crepe with brandy rose sauce - $14
- Omelette feature: Mushrooms, blue cheese and chives - $13
- Pineapple Pancakes
| Beer of the Week
Broadhead's Dark Horse Stout
Broadhead's Dark Horse Stout is a fullbodied, rich and creamy oatmeal stout that bristles with bold, unbridled taste. Blending roasted malt and oatmeal for a solid footing, this smooth, dark beer has shades of bitterness that gives Dark Horse the perfect edge.
| Used Sails Donations
Our Community Club Sharks would appreciate a donation of used Shark sails. Our Sharks support several programs at KYC throughout the season:
- Adult Learn To Sail programs offered by our Volunteer Skippers attract new members and grow crews for our racing fleet.
- Junior Sail Instructors sail the Sharks to give students a keel boat experience and to participate in Club races.
- Queens Sailing Team practices keel boat skills each fall to prepare for regattas.
- Members may skipper a Community Club Shark for personal pleasure as a benefit of KYC Single or Family membership.
Please contact the ALTS and Community Club Committee rep: Peter French firstname.lastname@example.org to donate sails.
| Haul Out Power Wash
Queens would like to remind everyone who would like their boats washed to please contact Nicole Czegledy (Queens Representative) at email@example.com
| New Gas Dock Hours
Please be advised we will be enacting new gas dock hours due to the ending season. The gas dock hours will be as follows:
Monday - Friday - By appointment only
Saturday - 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday - Closed
To book an appointment please contact Brad Strawbridge by email at firstname.lastname@example.org