Knotmeter - October 28, 2016
Knotmeter - October 28, 2016
The sky is looking sad due to the haulout weekend!
| Oct 29-30: Haulout
Saturday Mast de-stepping starts at 0900, breakfast is at 0800
Sunday haul starts at 0800, breakfast is at 0700
As there are only 21 masts, it is our hope that we can at least haul the T-dock at the end of the day.
That decision will vary due to the wind strength and Brian’s judgement, which is final.
If we can haul the T-Dock and some boats on the breakwater Saturday, we will. The crane will probably stay there over night.
We will resume there Sunday morning.
If we have enough time, and can’t haul the T-Dock, we will move the crane to the yard and haul til we want to haul no more.
Sunday morning, we’ll finish the yard, then go back to the breakwater and haul t-dock and boats.
Please have all bumpers and docklines ready for both mast removal and haulout.
In addition, please have your crew and tools ready to disconnect rigging, and to push boats into place in it’s cradle.
1. Please have your mast ready for removing; standing rigging as loose as is reasonable, tools at the ready, halyards etc. tied
2. You are requested to do any work on your mast as soon as it is set on the horses, in order to place the next mast close by and in a timely fashion (bring your tools, your crew and work fast!)
3. Bring your own padding if you want it
4. It is suggested that you add a longist pennant to the mast base, given the windy weather forecast.
1. Please have your boats READY for de-masting and haulout
2. Provide at least 50' bow and stern lines for guiding your boat
3. Wear your hardhat!
4. Stay out, as best as possible, from under the flying boats and the crane boom.
| Nov 5: Sailing Night Banquet
As the Official Race Season has drawn to an end we would like to thank everyone for another successful sailing season! Please remember to sign up for our Annual Sailing Night Banquet by emailing email@example.com. The Banquet will be held on Saturday, November 5th, 2016.
| Kingston Power and Sail Squadron Upcoming events
For more information and registration of upcoming KPSS events please visit www.kingstonboatingandsailing.caKPSS Events Coming up @ KYC
| Weekend Features
- Grilled Pork Chops with mushroom dijon cream sauce, mashed potatoes, and multicolour carrots - $18
- Special: Croque Monsieur - $13
- Omelette feature: Spanish - $13
- Blueberry Pancakes
| Beer of the Week
Broadhead's Dark Horse Stout
Broadhead's Dark Horse Stout is a fullbodied, rich and creamy oatmeal stout that bristles with bold, unbridled taste. Blending roasted malt and oatmeal for a solid footing, this smooth, dark beer has shades of bitterness that gives Dark Horse the perfect edge.
| Used Sails Donations
Our Community Club Sharks would appreciate a donation of used Shark sails. Our Sharks support several programs at KYC throughout the season:
- Adult Learn To Sail programs offered by our Volunteer Skippers attract new members and grow crews for our racing fleet.
- Junior Sail Instructors sail the Sharks to give students a keel boat experience and to participate in Club races.
- Queens Sailing Team practices keel boat skills each fall to prepare for regattas.
- Members may skipper a Community Club Shark for personal pleasure as a benefit of KYC Single or Family membership.
Please contact the ALTS and Community Club Committee rep: Peter French firstname.lastname@example.org to donate sails.
| Haul Out Power Wash
Queens would like to remind everyone who would like their boats washed to please contact Nicole Czegledy (Queens Representative) at email@example.com